[OpenLayers-Users] Feature's attributes

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 23 14:34:08 EDT 2008

Hi list,

  I'm using WFS Protocol to INSERT, DELETE and UPDATE features.  So far,
I've been able to INSERT geometry and DELETE.  Now, I'd like to add some
attributes with an html form.  I was wondering if there's already
something for that in OL, something that takes care of parsing
attributes to a feature.  I tried feature.attributes['attribute_name'] =
"some text" and it works, but doesn't seem ok to me.

  I also noticed that when I INSERT a new geometry, it doesn't gets its
'gid' attribute.  It only appears when I refresh the page.  Should that
attribute be saved to the feature's attributes at the same time they are
INSERTed ?  I look the WFS-Transaction example (3) and noticed that
there's no 'gid' attribute anywhere...

  Also, if I (1) INSERT then try immediately to UPDATE, I get an error
500.  But if (2) I refresh then UPDATE, no error 500 ( I can go beyond
that error, well I get an other one but it doesn't matter right
now....)  I think it has more something to do with the "fid" in the GML
as follow :

  >(1) My first GML ( that's not working ) has :<ogc:FeatureId/>
  >(2) My second GML ( working ) has <ogc:FeatureId
fid="bdga_route_l_arc.7199"/>
  >(3) And the example has :<ogc:FeatureId fid="restricted.55"/>, even
if it has no attributes !

Any hints ?

--
Alexandre Dubé