[OpenLayers-Users] Polygon Cluster

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Mon Oct 27 12:07:46 EDT 2008

Le Monday 27 October 2008 16:42:39 Jerome Freyre, vous avez écrit :
> It's normal because the cluster strategy replace your features with points.
>
> The main goal for a cluster strategy is to regroup features that are close
> and make the map the more "readable".
>
> And with the cluster strategy you can change the radius of the clustered
> points like that :
>
> // Définit les styles des features
> var style = new OpenLayers.Style({
>         fillColor: "#ee9900",
>         fillOpacity: 0.8,
>         hoverFillColor: "#ee9900",
>         hoverFillOpacity: 0.8,
>         strokeColor: "#ee9900",
>         strokeOpacity: 0.8,
>         strokeWidth: 1,
>         strokeLinecap: "round",
>         strokeDashstyle: "solid",
>         hoverStrokeColor: "blue",
>         hoverStrokeOpacity: 1,
>         hoverStrokeWidth: 0.2,
>         pointRadius: "${radius}",
>         hoverPointRadius: 1,
>         hoverPointUnit: "%",
>         pointerEvents: "visiblePainted",
>         cursor: "inherit"
>     }, {
>         context: {
>             radius: function(feature) {
>                     return Math.min(feature.attributes.count, 9) + 4;
>             }
>     });
>
>     view = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("View", {
>                 //        strategies:  [fixedStrategy, clusterStrategy,
> lineStringclusterStrategy],
> 						strategies:  [fixedStrategy, clusterStrategy],
>                         protocol: myprotocol,
>                         styleMap: new OpenLayers.StyleMap({
>                             "default": style,
>                             "select": {
>                             fillColor: "#8aeeef",
>                             strokeColor: "#32a8a9"
>                         }
>                     })
>                 });
>

> Hope it will help you ;)
Hi Jeremy,

Unfortunately not! The polygons are never shown even if I decrease the
distance to 1 or 2px. I expected to see polygone at some zoom level, even
when I am supposed to see them.

I may be wrong but even the cluster strategy is to regroup features that are
close, I suppose to see polygons when they are quiet far away. Isn't it?

One of the polygon in the link I gave in my first email is quiet big but never
shown (the northest point, surrounding the 9).

Thanks,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin