[OpenLayers-Users] Popup over point feature with hover:true

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 30 16:21:45 EDT 2008

Hi list,

  I have WFS layer of points with a select control to open popups when
the mouse is over a feature ( hover:true ).

  Problem is : the popup div covers half of the feature and if I get the
mouse near that area, the popup keeps disappearing and reappearing (
like a glitch).  That's because of the position of the popup ( center of
the feature) given by the feature.geometry.getBounds().getCenterLonLat()
functions, which returns the only point available ( point layer ).

    popup = new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud(
        "chicken",
        feature.geometry.getBounds().getCenterLonLat(),
        null,
        szHTML,
        null, true, onPopupClose);

    So, how could I "offset" the popup a little to make it outside the
point radius ?  I also use a custom pointRadius also btw...

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears