[OpenLayers-Users] User inputs in Popups

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri Oct 31 08:49:38 EDT 2008

Hi Indika,

    >> The problem is I am unable to access the input data.

    Do you mean you can't access the html text box ?  If you do, give it
and id, access it with document.getElementById('yourId') and parse the
text box value to the feature.attributes before saving.  That will add
the attribute to your INSERT/UPDATE request at the same time.  I'm not
sure if that's what you meant, though.

    >>Also everytime the wfs-insert takes place i get an alert with the
transaction results details.
Is there anyway not have the alert come up everytime.

    Search in your files for the "alert" string and just get rid of it.

Hope this helps,

Alexandre

Indika Tantrigoda wrote:
> Hello to all,
> I have a wfs layer setup which allows me to add points.
> I would like the user to enter the attribute information so that it
> too can get
> written to postgres.
>
> I setup a popup with a text box which allows me to add the relevant
> details.
> The problem is I am unable to access the input data.
>
> Is there any way to get around this, or this is an alternative method
> I could approach.
>
> Also everytime the wfs-insert takes place i get an alert with the
> transaction results details.
> Is there anyway not have the alert come up everytime.
>
> Thanks
>
> Indika

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears