[OpenLayers-Users] User inputs in Popups

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri Oct 31 11:13:09 EDT 2008

Hi Indika,

  Look at this popup I use :

    popup = new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud(
        "chicken",
        feature.geometry.getBounds().getCenterLonLat(),
        null,
        szHTML,   // <------
        null, true, onPopupClose);

    szHTML contains the html inside the popup.  I use the following to
dynamically parse each attribute in the string :

    var szHTML = "<div style='font-size:.8em'>";
    aszAttributes = feature.attributes;
    for(var key in aszAttributes){
        szHTML += key + " : " + aszAttributes[key] + "<br />"
    }
    szHTML +="</div>";

    So, instead of parsing attributes, you could parse your text box
there with a unique id.  Anybody has a better idea ?

    Hope this helps,

Alexandre

--
Alexandre Dubé