[OpenLayers-Users] Markers on Google move around N/S

Matt Williamson MatthewDW at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 11:32:43 EDT 2008

Hello List,

Having a strange behavior with the following page:

http://s89238293.onlinehome.us/w/index.php?title=Special:EditData/BirdCountGoogle/Google_form_test

... click on the "Show map" link, and you'll get an OpenLayers map
with a Google base layer. What's happening is, whenever the map is
panned or zoomed, the marker icon moves around North or South from
where it's supposed to be. Stranger, the pop-up remains in the correct
place!! I'm not using "sphericalMercator" on purpose, because it made
a mess of setting extents, etc. It seems this should work, especially
since the pop-up knows how to stay put...and markers loaded with the
older Layer.Text mechanism (e.g. here: http://s89238293.onlinehome.us/
w/ , bottom of the page) don't have this issue. What gives?? Please
tell me there's something simple I can do to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

-Matt