[OpenLayers-Users] IE6 requests FORMAT=image/GIF but Firefox requests FORMAT=image/png from my WMS

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Thu Sep 4 23:29:13 EDT 2008

Hi

Doesn anyone know how to control the FORMAT=image/png or FORMAT=image/GIF requests against my Mapserver WMS? I am using OL2.6. It seems that IE6 sends GIF requests (which look horrible for orthophotography) whereas Firefox sends PNG (which look much better).

Many thanks,

Robert Sanson
The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.