[OpenLayers-Users] Measure tool in 2.7 RC1

Adams chris at genieknows.com
Sun Sep 7 19:06:03 EDT 2008

Keep in mind that at that zoom level, the width of the road is much more than is shown there.

The polygon that represents that area, was most likely constructed out of street intersections, i.e. the centre of the roads.. just so it looks better.

If you switched to satellite view you could probably get a better estimate with the measurement tool.