[OpenLayers-Users] SelectFeature hover control interfering with click-and-drag

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Mon Sep 8 00:53:00 EDT 2008

Hi Robert,

It seems you are/were very close to the solution of you problem: to
allow for the map to be dragged when your mouse pointer is over a
selectable feature, you need to override the stopDown and stopUp
attributes of the handler, just as you have in your code below (but then
uncommented!).

Could you explain why you have these lines commented out? Have you tried
uncommenting them? What version of OL are you using? 2.7-rc1, 2.6 or an
older version?

Today crschidt explained to me that in 2.7 the SelectFeature control
behaves a bit differently internally and in order for the fix work,
you'd need to rewrite the code. See [1]

But this might not apply to you and you might have other reasons why it
won't work for you.

Cheers, Roald

[1] http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/SelectFeatureControlMapDragIssues

--
Roald de Wit
Software Engineer
roald.dewit at lisasoft.com

Commercial Support for Open Source GIS Software
http://lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts/