[OpenLayers-Users] IE6 requests FORMAT=image/GIF - solved

Lehtonen, Mika mika at digikartta.net
Mon Sep 8 05:56:30 EDT 2008

Sorry,
that isn't totally right. That layer definition doesn't work in any
browser of mine. The key factor is having it as an overlay layer. As a
base layer it works. So it seems that the only solution to have an
overlay layer with regions' opacity set, is to use png and
'alpha:true'-setting. I can provide you a live example of this problem,
if you like. If this is true, I'll be better off by just announcing:
"Dont try this with IE6.". Yet so many people are still using Windows
2000 and IE.

- mika -