[OpenLayers-Users] ZoomToExtent of KML File

Patrick Markiewicz pmarkiewicz at sim-gtech.com
Fri Sep 12 16:21:09 EDT 2008

Hi,

    If I just want to zoom to the center of the geographic bounding box
of a KML file that I have defined, what functions would I use?  I tried
using layer.getExtent, but that returns null for overlays.  I.e. my
baselayer is a map of the world, and my kml file is somewhere on that
world.  So how do I zoom and pan to the proper location so that my KML
file is displayed.  Currently I have a fixed extent, and that means any
kml file outside of that extent is not visible.  Thanks.

Patrick