[OpenLayers-Users] adding buttons to OL UI

slyon skylar at ccri.com
Tue Sep 16 08:16:57 EDT 2008

Eric,

Thanks for the help... really got me on my way. I do have another inquiry
though, if you have the time...

I've been following the panel.html example that you directed me toward, and
while helpful, I can't get the xyzItemActive and xyzItemInactive aspect of
the buttons to toggle. In my style.css code I have:

.GeneralButtonItemActive {
	width:	130px;
	height:	30px;
	background-image:	url("../img/generalSelected.png");
}

.GeneralButtonItemInactive {
	width:	130px;
	height:	30px;
	background-image:	url("../img/generalUnselected.png");

}

When the page loads the ItemInactive button is displayed. I expected this in
looking at the OL docs:
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.6/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Control/Button-js.html

Do I need to write separate code for the ItemActive button to be displayed
when clicked? I don't see any such code in the panel.html example. I
appreciate any help, hints, or feedback.

Thanks again,
Skylar