[OpenLayers-Users] Optimizing Layer Requests

Patrick Markiewicz pmarkiewicz at sim-gtech.com
Tue Sep 16 11:28:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

            I am using OpenLayers to display a map that has about 20
different layers.  Currently, I request all 20 layers during the 'init'
function and display them as baselayer.  I read the API and saw there
are some "zoomBar*" event functions that get called when various actions
related to zooming take place, but I wasn't sure how to overload them,
or if that was the proper thing to do.  Is there a "zoom Level Changed"
event for a map where I could define a function that updates the map to
have different base layers that vary according to the zoom level?

Thanks.

Patrick