[OpenLayers-Users] loading heavy WFS. solutions?

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:27:15 EDT 2008

Hi.

We got pretty good results here by using WMS along with
GetFeatureInfo-like queries with Handler.Hover. The features resulting
from a query can be added to a vector layer and/or to an external grid
with 1:1 interaction between the grid records and the features on the
map. We found this to be a good tradeoff between user interaction
(vector) and performance (raster).

Cheers,

Eric