[OpenLayers-Users] 4326 WMS overlay on top of google reproject, WMS not showing up

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 13:57:07 EDT 2008

Hello all, I'm trying to display a North American borders WMS layer
(in EPSG:4326) on top of the google satellite layer here in
openlayers.
I got the google layer to reproject (thank you documentation), but I
can't seem to get the WMS overlay to do what I tell it.

Here's a linky: http://niceguy.wustl.edu/OPC/google.html
-notice "Borders" overlay turns a black line up and down center of
asia on and off.

Here's what that layer should look like:
http://niceguy.wustl.edu/OPC/borders.html

If I could just get that to show up on top of the google layer, I'd be thrilled.

Here's some pseudocode:
            var options = {
                projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),
                displayProjection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"),
                units: "m",
                numZoomLevels: 18,
                maxResolution: 156543.0339,
                maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(-20037508, -20037508,
                                                 20037508, 20037508.34)
            };
            map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', options);

            // create Google Mercator layers
            var gmap = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(
                "Google Streets",
                {'sphericalMercator': true}
            );

            // create WMS layer
            var wmsurl =
"http://webapps.datafed.net/ogc_views_NEISGEI.wsfl?dataset_abbr_1=GSFC_NO2_OL&dataset_abbr_2=GSFC_NO2_OL&param_abbr_1=CO&param_abbr_2=CO&scale_min=0&scale_max=50&styles=bdr";
            var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.Untiled("Borders",
wmsurl, {layers: 'OpenLayers', format: "png"}, {'isBaseLayer':false,
'wrapDateLine':true});

Any questions, I'll try to respond ASAP.  Thanks for any suggestions.
-Ed