[OpenLayers-Users] Issue creating Vector layer with data

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Apr 9 09:39:46 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 03:32:33PM +0200, Jacolin Yves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le Thursday 09 April 2009 15:21:11 Christopher Schmidt, vous avez écrit :
> > [..]
> >
> > Are you using trunk, or 2.7?
> I am using 2.7
>
> > 2.7 doesn't have reprojection support.
> Hum, this is strange because I succeed to see my GML layer with the first
> method :/ It seems that was du to a cache problem ;)

Huh. Well then, maybe I'm just wrong :) Or something else wasn't
working. Anyway, so long as it works, nevermind!

(I may be thinking about the work we did with Strategy.Save to suppot
different projections.)

> I added proj4js lib with all my EPSG defs file. Does it explain what it is
> working?
>
> > How
> > are you testing that there is 'nothing inside'? checking layer.features,
> > watching XMLHttpRequest, or just visual inspection?
> Using Firebug>DOM, then map.layer[23].features.
>
> My final purpose was to move to GeoJSON format. But my GeoJSON data seems not
> good. I tried to use GeoJSON data made from ogr2ogr from a shape file
> (railway stations) and it is working. However I can't see the difference
> between the files (except that all data of my first GeoJSON file is in one
> line).

Well, I can't tell you why your geojson is wrong without seeing it :) So
if that's what you're asking, I have no idea.

> Hope it is clear,
>
> Y.
> --
> Yves Jacolin
>
> Ne demandez pas si vous pouvez contribuer, contribuer ! :)
> ---
> http://softlibre.gloobe.org

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta