[OpenLayers-Users] Issue creating Vector layer with data

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Thu Apr 9 12:02:07 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Christopher Schmidt
<crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 03:32:33PM +0200, Jacolin Yves wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Le Thursday 09 April 2009 15:21:11 Christopher Schmidt, vous avez écrit :
>> > [..]
>> >
>> > Are you using trunk, or 2.7?
>> I am using 2.7
>>
>> > 2.7 doesn't have reprojection support.
>> Hum, this is strange because I succeed to see my GML layer with the first
>> method :/ It seems that was du to a cache problem ;)
>
> Huh. Well then, maybe I'm just wrong :) Or something else wasn't
> working. Anyway, so long as it works, nevermind!

It seems to me that if you set internalProjection and
externalProjection within the format it will always work. With the
recent reprojection support brought to the strategies if the layer
projection is different than the map projection then the strategy will
reproject before adding the features to the layer. And while we're at
it, I don't like the idea that we have the strategies do the
reprojections, isn't it the job of the format?

Thanks,

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS