[OpenLayers-Users] How to add many(>400) markers to the map?

Lehtonen, Mika mika at digikartta.net
Tue Apr 14 06:41:32 EDT 2009

Hi again,
no, I believe you could use sld in this, of course in that case you
shift to wms. OGC spesification lets you use filters like
PropertyIsGreaterThan and PropertyIsLessThan and so on, in your sld.
Though I think there are more sophisticated approaches into this. Some
people use wms when zoomed out and shift into other methodes when
zooming in. Hard to suggest anything specific with information provided,
I am afraid.

But as this is the Openlayers Users list, it might be wiser to move to
Geoserver list, if you like know more what you can do with it.

- mika -