[OpenLayers-Users] adding points on the given coordinates

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Apr 17 07:38:22 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:08:52AM +0200, wrap map wrote:
> Senario, i have a lon-lat value and i want to draw a point on that value, i
> had tried the following code to draw point;
>
> function createPoint() {
>     //create your point with your values
>     newpoint = new OpenLayers.DFeature.Vector(
>                new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(
>                 (document.getElementById('longval').value,
> document.getElementById('latval').value)
>         )
>     );
>     //add point to layer
>     vector.addFeatures(features);
> }
>

> the error is "features", what is the error and how can i solve this problem.

Four problems:

 * "OpenLayers.DFeature" doesn't exist, but that's probably a
   transcription typo.
 * It is possible (not sure about likely) that you iwll have problems
   passing strings instead of floats: call parseFloa taround the
   gEBI calls.
 * You put your points in additional parens, but this isn't the right
   thing to do. (I'm not een sure how it would work.) remove the
   internal ()
 * 'features' doesn't exist; instead, you just want to
   vector.addFeatures(newpoint);

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta