[OpenLayers-Users] Wrap-around map, markers, and popup boxes

Jeff Pinyan jxp at icginc.com
Fri Apr 17 14:34:20 EDT 2009

I am using OpenStreetMaps, and have wrapDateLine set to true.  I have a program which plots a bunch of markers at various lat/lngs; this program knows that when looking across the dateline, some longitudes should have 360 added or subtracted from them.  They PLOT on the map just fine.  The problem, however, is when I mouseover them, the popup box does not appear on the proper side of the marker.

To be specific, if I am looking at the US on the right-hand side and a sliver of Russia appears on the left-hand side, and I mouseover a marker in Russia, its popup box appears to the LEFT of the marker (and thus, mostly off-screen).

The opposite problem happens if I'm looking at Russia on the left-hand side with a sliver of the US on the right-hand side:  the popup boxes for the markers in the US appear to the RIGHT of the markers, thus making them appear off-screen.

How can I hook into the popup-box location determiner to fix this?