[OpenLayers-Users] Google + GeoServer WMS: Layers don't show up with EPSG:900913 projection

TomBB seileef at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 15:08:24 EDT 2009

I'm trying to get WMS layers served by GeoServer to project correctly on top of a Google base layer.  I have 'sphericalMercator': true on the base layer, and have added the map options given here:
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/SphericalMercator

However, this causes the WMS layers to no longer show up on the map (i.e. I get a blank map).  When I comment out the projection option (which is set as new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913")), the layers show up again, but are not projected right, of course.

Why would this projection option prevent the layers from showing up?  Is there another way to get this to work?

I don't have access to the GeoServer instance, but might be able to contact the guy behind it (his time is very limited though).