[OpenLayers-Users] Display problems when using openLayers with dhtmlxWindow

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Apr 20 09:05:01 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 06:02:07AM -0700, Derek Watling wrote:

> Are there any openLayers users that also use dhtmlxSuite (
> http://www.dhtmlx.com/ http://www.dhtmlx.com/ )? They are both great
> products and while I have got them to work independently I am experiencing a
> display issue when using openLayers and dhtmlxWindow on the same page.
>
> When I open a modal window it displays great in IE7. However in IE8, Firefox
> 3 and Safari 4 I have the same issue that my map covers the window and is
> still active.
>
> I have posted a simple page at  http://www.cmainfo.co.za/test/index.htm
> http://www.cmainfo.co.za/test/index.htm  to demonstrate this problem.
>
> Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Browsers disagree as to what a stack of z-indexes should be ordered as.
Some say that a stack like:

 0
   1000
   1001

 10
   10
   20

Should stack with 10 on top. More recently, this has changed to always
be the 1000 on top.  To have your modal box on top, change the z-index
of the modal box to be > 1000, the max OL z-index.

--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta