[OpenLayers-Users] Saving with a Google Maps base layer

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Tue Apr 28 16:44:39 EDT 2009

> More generally: I didn't see any conclusive threads about adding Google Maps
> layers to a composite image--has anyone done this?

To my knowledge, the GM API and the OL API over top of it do not expose
enough information to fetch the URLs. GM changes their naming scheme now
and then, so any such scheme to build an URL would only work for a short
time.

Also, though I'm not a lawyer: I know that their Terms of Use prohibits
computerized collection and storage of the tiles, and though printing
seems in good faith it also seems to constitute a violation of the TOU.

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security