[OpenLayers-Users] Question about map data licensing

Brad Redfearn primordialsoup77 at aim.com
Thu Apr 30 17:53:17 EDT 2009

I'm looking at OpenLayers as an alternative to Google Maps for
building an application with advertising around the map. I want to
avoid any license restrictions or policy changes that would force me
to shut off my clients' maps. So I was very excited to find out about
OpenLayers. However, it seems to me that OpenLayers is still tied to
Google (or other proprietary providers) for the actual cartography. Am
I missing something, or is this the case? Thanks in advance for your
input. Cheers.