[OpenLayers-Users] since I'm a little dense...

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Mon Aug 3 02:50:46 EDT 2009

Hello,

I had a similar task - of showing dynamic POIs and I chose to implement
it like this:
- a Vector layer with KML data.
- the path to the KML file is actually a path to a serverside script
wich generates KMLs.
- on searchbox submit a javascript creates new parameters for the
serverside script
- I force a layer refresh

It works great - but it tends to crash Internet Explorer after a while -
because IE keeps deleted markers in memory (silly behaviour). You can
get around this by refreshing the whole page, but it's nasty.

Let me know if you need some code examples.
Regards,
Adrian