[OpenLayers-Users] How to make web map faster

Mr. Bic Phuong bicphuongonline at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 21:44:35 EDT 2009

Dear OpenLayers Developers and Users,

Currently I'm using MapServer and OpenLayers for my web map which has:
- 1 tilecache layer (base map)
- 17 WMS layer

So there are 2 big problems:

- There are 17 connections to ArcSDE Oracle in the map file. How can I use 01 connection for all layers ?

- It's too slow to load when visitors turn on more than 2 WMS layers, the tilecache layer is ok but WMS layers is two slow. I'm wondering whether there is any way to load a part of layer or something similar to make it faster?

Thanks for your attention and your help is highly appreciated!