[OpenLayers-Users] Simple Layer Visibility Problem...

BrianJ Brian at neworleansgis.com
Fri Aug 7 12:01:10 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone, I'm really excited to have started working with OpenLayers and
all the frustrations I'm sure to experience.

I have a real beginner problem here... I'm simply trying to turn a layer on
or off with a form check button, and it's not working, searched the forum
and can't seem to solve the problem...

Thanks

The full code is located here: http://www.brianjamesbaldwin.com/Map/

or...

            var parisoaks = new OpenLayers.Layer.GML("KML", "kml/PO.kml", {
        			   format: OpenLayers.Format.KML
				})
			    map.addLayers([parisoaks]);
				parisoaks.setVisibility(false);

            }

        function Lakeview() {
			  if (visible === true) {
        parisoaks.setVisibility(true);
      } else {
        parisoaks.setVisibility(false);
			}

<label>
   	            <input name="Lakeview" type="checkbox" id="Lakeview"
value="visible" onclick="Lakeview()" />
   	          Lakeview</label>