[OpenLayers-Users] Bug in Google with overaly example

Rodolfo Moreno rodolfoamoreno at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 15:33:29 EDT 2009

Thanks Eric for your answer. I am overlapping a mapguide layer. I did what
you suggested but it's not working.

var dynamicOverlayOptions = {
              buffer: 1,
              singleTile: true,
	isBaseLayer : false,
	visibility : true,
	transparent:true // This is the code added
	         };

Is this property (transparent:true) new?
I ask about it because my sample works fine 3 months ago.

Thanks in advance

Eric Lemoine-2-2 wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Rodolfo Moreno<rodolfoamoreno at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> The google with overlay example from
>> "http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/"
>> is working incorrectly. The bug is not only because the worldmap is not
>> loaded correctly but also because this is covering whole the map and thus
>> the google layer is not showed, just the worldmap is showed. if you turn
>> off
>> the worldmap layer then it's possible to view the google layer. I
>> realized
>> about it because I have a similar example overlaping google maps with
>> mapguide layers and 3 months ago this sample worked appropriately (in
>> that
>> moment the last release was 2.6 version) and now I got the same bug, it
>> means that mapguide layers covers whole map that don't enable to view the
>> google layers.
>
> The layer you put on top of the google layer must be transparent. If
> your layer if a WMS layer (OpenLayers.Layer.WMS) use transparent:true
> in the layer params.
>

> --
> Eric Lemoine
>
> Camptocamp France SAS