[OpenLayers-Users] Fetching tiles from different sources based on zoom level

Mak Kolybabi mak.kolybabi at telenium.ca
Tue Aug 11 16:37:21 EDT 2009

For my current application, I need to simplify roads as much as possible. PostGIS provides
the ST_Simplify function for this, and it works wonderfully. For obvious reasons, the
closer I zoom into the layer, the simplifications that were fine when zoomed further out
gradually become unacceptable.

Is there a way to make OpenLayers query a different (TMS) source based on the zoom level?
If this can be done, I'll be able to tune the ST_Simplify tolerance parameter for each
zoom level.

--
Mak Kolybabi
Programmer