[OpenLayers-Users] Using Openlayers with Tile and Export Image doesnt "overlap"

RajeevSharma rajeev.kumar.sharma at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 05:34:25 EDT 2009

Many thanks for the response Christopher.
I am sorry, since I am unable to share the map service as it is outside the
public network.

I am able to get the max extents easily, however, I am unable to find out
which resolution value to take.

As an example , say I have 3 layers which are cached. The images are 512 by
512 pixels.
max Extents are (-180, -90, 180, 90).

Layer 1 - Resolution 1058.33
Layer 2 - Resolution 529.16
Layer 3 - Resolution 132.29

I had read in the news group the max resolution should be something like
(Max (Xmax - Xmin), (Ymax - Ymin))/512, is this correct?

- Thanks in Advance,
Rajeev