[OpenLayers-Users] TYPE_BUTTON events

runningcodez sumith.paul at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 13:17:31 EDT 2009

Hi all,

The question I am going to raise has been already been discussed a couple of
times,but unfortunately the replies were not greatly helpful for me as i am
a novice...I have a control panel which has all the 3 kinds of buttons
TYPE_BUTTON,TYPE_TOGGLE,TYPE_TOOL,of which the first one is the culprit for
me .

i tried the event register code looking like
button.events.register('mousedown',button.div,function(){alert('mousedown')});

The button was not responding to any events,other than a click.
All i wanted was to change its css while on mousedown,and change it back to
its orginal state when on 'mouseup'..What I am I missing here?I know my
concepts about the working of a control panel and buttons are crippled.it
would be a great help if anyone can sort this out for me. A piece of
working/pseudo code would be a great  help.Thanks in advance
rgds
Sumith