[OpenLayers-Users] Panning button in the editing toolbar re-enables zoom via scroll wheel

Christopher Dale chrelad at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 11:03:26 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

Couple things :)

First off, I found that zooming with the scroll wheel can cause some
big headaches. Here are some of the things I ran into while zooming in
and out and panning. Note that all tests were done with Firefox 3 +
OpenLayers SVN + Virtual Earth base tiles + Spherical mercator +
vector layer.

- When you zoom with your scroll wheel, the map zooms in, but vector
features appear (sometimes) offset from their proper location
(left/right).
- Rolled forward one click which zoomed in properly, panned left. When
I lifted my finger off left mouse button to stop panning left, the map
zoomed in again one zoom level.

I eventually just disabled zooming using the zoomWheelEnabled property
for the Navigation control. This works great, until I draw a feature
and then click the navigation button in the editing toolbar. I know
for a fact that the problem begins when you click the navigation
button in the editing toolbar.

Could anyone recommend either a way to get zooming via the scroll
wheel to work properly (ie. fixing the top-most two bugs) or getting
the pan button to not re-enable scroll wheel zooming?

Thanks team OpenLayers!

Chrelad