[OpenLayers-Users] WMS, Google Map, and Vector Layer

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Sat Aug 22 19:50:38 EDT 2009

Hi Chris,

You are right. The wsm doesn't support EPSG:900913, but only:

<SRS>EPSG:4326</SRS>
<SRS>EPSG:4269</SRS>
<SRS>EPSG:4267</SRS>
<SRS>EPSG:4269</SRS>

>>"Does this mean I might have to look into pro4js?"
No. Proj4js is needed to reproject vector data. wms comes as images. To
reproject wms data, you have to request them by a mapserver (like GeoServer
or MapServer) to reproject them.

Arnd