[OpenLayers-Users] RegularPolygon Styling

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Wed Aug 26 01:21:16 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Heidt, Christopher
M.<CHRISTOPHER.M.HEIDT at saic.com> wrote:
> The "temporary" style that exists in the other shape handlers
> doesn't seem to work with RegularPolygon.
> How do I change the style of a RegularPolygon during the draw phase?

Hi.

Either write a patch to Handler/RegularPolygon.js so it takes the
layerOptions config option into account (as Handler/Point.js does), or
provide a style property to the regular polygon handler through the
handlerOptions config option passed to the draw feature control:

new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(layer, OpenLayers.Handler.RegularPolygon, {
    handlerOptions: {
        style: OpenLayers.Feature.Vector.style['temporary']
    }
});

Hope this helps,

--