[OpenLayers-Users] Save Vector drawings in PostGIS

AlessioDL alessio.dilorenzo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 11:49:04 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm looking for a strategy to use OL as an editor to populate a polygon
postgis layer.
I can't use WFS-T because I have to work with UMN-Mapserver that doesn't
support this specification.

What I would like to do is this:

(1) use the drawing tools to create my vector features on the map
(2) capture the WKT string for these drawings in a form field
(3) send an insert query to postgis via PHP

The (1) and (3) are ok for me, but I need some help with the (2).
Can you give me some suggestions?
Is my "strategy" correct in your opinion?

TIA, alessio