[OpenLayers-Users] Performance

Rahn Hanno (rahn) rahn at zhaw.ch
Mon Aug 31 01:31:31 EDT 2009

Hello list,

I have another question. I have a solution with 4 different maps. In this maps there will always be the same geometries (polygons) but the polygons will style with a sld file in different ways.

Now my question. My solution is not very fast. Are there possibilities for upgrade the performance of the maps? I think you can do some things to get a higher performance, but I don't know what someone has to do for this. Are there some rules or tipps from you to get a better performance?

My data comes from a postgreSQL/postgis database. You can see an example here:

http://webgis.hsw.ch/GINES/Start.php

Is it better to use tiles for this?

Greetings

Hanno Rahn

Hanno Rahn, Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Geoinformatik

ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften Umwelt und Natürliche Ressourcen

Fachstelle Geoinformatik

Grüental, Postfach CH-8820 Wädenswil

Tel +41 (0)58 934 5592

Fax +41 (0)58 934 5580