[OpenLayers-Users] returning multiple geometry types from a search.

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 06:15:39 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I have a (rather sloppy) ajax based jquery search (I know, I know) which
dynamically returns POI's based on the user's search criteria. My question
is this: is there somewhat of returning multiple geometry types (i.e. points
and polygons) from the results of a query?

One way to maybe do this would be to store the geometry as a blob in the
database itself, keyed into a primary key or something, but this gets really
clunky since I'm tied to using MySQL. Or can someone suggest a way of
preloading several gml polygons that would appear/disappear based on the
results of the ajax hit?

Basically, the database that's being searched is returning points, for this
particular query it would be heuristically useful to see the footprints of
the POI's of interest. In general, does anyone have suggestions?

--
Nicholas Efremov-Kendall
Fulbright Student 2009-2010, Ukraine
nefremov at artsci.wustl.edu