[OpenLayers-Users] Broken image for no tile, on Chrome

Frederic Junod frederic.junod at camptocamp.com
Tue Dec 1 05:05:18 EST 2009

Hi all,

I've created a small test case for this issue:
http://dev.camptocamp.com/~fredj/image-load-error.html
The WMS layer always returns a 404 error so all the tiles are broken;
they all should have a green background.

With Chrome (on linux), some of the tiles do not have the
olImageLoadError css class.

fredj

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Roald de Wit <roald.dewit at lisasoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Warren,
>
> Warren Vick wrote:
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> I was on 2.7, but have just updated to 2.8.
>>
>> I already had this line in my code, but unfortunately missing tiles still show as broken on Chrome.
>> OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadErrorColor = "transparent";
>>
>> I tried the CSS too, but still no joy. I've also found that the problem also shows in Safari (Mac).
>>

> Does the problem go away if you use the SVN (trunk) version [1] of
> OpenLayers (and set the background-color using CSS as Andreas
> explained)? That might be your best bet.
>
> [1] http://openlayers.org/dev/OpenLayers.js
>
> Regards, Roald

Frédéric Junod
Camptocamp SA