[OpenLayers-Users] How to fetch polygon color from SLD ?

Dragan Podvezanec dragan.podvezanec at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:28:33 EST 2009

Hi all.

I'm trying to make custom layer switcher, with legend, because I have
thematic map. It contains few polygon WMS layers from Geoserver. Those
layers are same layer on GS, but filtered by attributes, so I can switch
them on or off.

What intterests me, how can I make small PNG with layer color from SLD,
based on attributes? I tried to use GetLegendGraphic WMS request, but as I
see, this request doesn't accept OGCFilter, so I cannot fetch color for
single layer created with filter. I get PNG's for all layers.

Is there any other workaround how to achieve this, or I will have to write
my own SLD parser? :(