[OpenLayers-Users] Adding filters to a OpenLayers.Filter.Logical

stash steffen.schwarz85 at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 2 03:23:47 EST 2009

Hello,
The name of my subject is maybe a bit confusing but nevertheless I describe
my problem in detail.

I have some filters which are combined with a 'logical filter' with type
'and'

here is my code:

var my_filter = new OpenLayers.Filter.Logical
({
    type: OpenLayers.Filter.Logical.AND,
    filters: [filter_1, filter_2, filter_3, filter_4]
});

My problem is now, that some of this 4 filters are undefined sometimes. And
when one filter is undefined the code doesn't work. But it can be, that all
4 filters are defined and therefore I have to combine the filters like that.

Now my question:
Is there any other possibility to add the filters like I did it above. The
best would be to add every filter not until I have checked them if they are
defined or not.

I didn't found a my_filter.add or something like that in the class
documentation.

What can I do to solve this problem.

Thanks for the help.

Regards