[OpenLayers-Users] Array of url's not working with WFS protocol

Ivan Grcic igrcic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 11:47:04 EST 2009

Hi,

may I just add that adding an layer-array for vector layers isnt so
important as it is for wms tiles, where lots of request are issued and
we can 'cheat' the browser to load more tiles at once. We usually dont
request so many WFS request as we do with WMS.

Also, making layer array for WFS protocol would be somehow strange,
since we usually use wfs protocol to change features (make WFS
transactions), so If we have multiple sources that means we would have
multiple datasources to keep in sync...

I only see advantage of making this for servers that are under heavy
load, and where we only read features (no WFS-T involved). But because
of the proxy, maybe its just easier to make some kind of server load
balancing then? ( mod_proxy_balancer or simliar if we talk about
Apache)

Just my thoughts...

cheers

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Christopher Schmidt
<crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 03:38:36PM +0100, Kris Geusebroek wrote:
>> I tried to create a patch but it isn't working.
>>

>> I patched Request.js to select a url out of an Array (just like the
>> httpRequest class) but I'm running into crossdomain issue with XHR
>>
>> Even on only a subdomain difference, IE and firefox throw an exception
>
> Different subdomains are still violations of the Same Origin Policy.
> The browser can not request data from different subdomains (and I can't
> imagine a way in which this is useful other than that; using a proxy just
> makes the local proxy your bottleneck.)
>
> -- Chris
>

>> Any hints on how to overcome this or is it impossible
>>

>> Cheers KRis

Ivan Grcic