[OpenLayers-Users] my vector layer doesn't display

Haftish 21 haftish21 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:49:54 EST 2009

I'm trying to add a vector layer into my map. No error message. I can see
the layer name listed in my layer switcher, but nothing is displaying on my
map. Here is my code...

ethRoads = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Roads WFS-T", {
            strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Save()],
            protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                version:       "1.0.0",
                url:           "
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/apps/Eth/config.map",
                featureType:   "ethroads",
                srsName:       "EPSG:4326",
                featureNS:     "http://www.opengis.net/ethroads",
                geometryName:  "roadgeom",
                schema:        "
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/apps/Eth/config.map&service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=DescribeFeatureType&TypeName=ethroads
"
            })
        });

        oMap.addLayer(ethRoads);

 What is going wrong??? Can anyone out there help...Thanks in advance!!!