[OpenLayers-Users] Understanding events

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Tue Dec 8 16:09:21 EST 2009

> I thought
>
> MyMap.events.register("loadend", layers[0], selectFeature(layers[0],oFeatures[0].fid));

I at least learned that a loadend is only registerable on a layer, so :

layers[0].events.register("loadend", layers[0],
selectFeature(layers[0],oFeatures[0].fid));

It still does not show anything though.  However, just to test that I
did get a loadend event, I tried :

layers[0].events.register("loadend", layers[0], function()
{alert("Highlight on"); });

And I got the alert, so it means the loadend event is triggered.  Why my
function call does not work is beyond me.

TIA,

Yves