[OpenLayers-Users] Draw line vector, with points..

JuKiM rifins at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:39:58 EST 2009

Hi,

I don't know if maybe this question is out of interest in this list, or if
it is an obvious thing that I can't see..
But, I would like to know if it is possible to draw a line making a WFS
request, to a data source in which the geometry is POINT.

If the geometry of the datasource is POINT it draws points, and if the
geometry is LINESTRING then it draws a line...  But, how to draw a line when
the source is a couple of POINT?

I'm creating the vector layer like this:

wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFST-Vector", {
        strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX(), oSaveStrategy],
        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
            version: "1.0.0",
            url: "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs",
            featureType: "pointsDS",
            srsName: "EPSG:23031",
            featureNS: "http://www.mapmap.org/g4wd",
            geometryName: "the_geom",
            schema: "
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=DescribeFeatureType&TypeName=G4WD:pointsDS
"
        })
    });

And the G4WD:pointsDS' datasource is a postgis table, where the geometry
field is POINT.

Thanks..