[OpenLayers-Users] How to create a Mapserver Layer with several SubLayers...

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Dec 10 14:59:34 EST 2009

On 2009-12-10 17:35, stela anders wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I´d like to create a Mapserver Layer (OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer) that
> have several SubLayers...
> So I can Turn on off each sublayer, but JUST one is draw ...

You have to do that programmatically in OpenLayers. But you could give
http://geoext.org a try. It builds upon OpenLayers and Ext JS, and
provides layer tree components, among which there is a LayerParamLoader,
which does exactly what you need. See
http://dev.geoext.org/trunk/geoext/examples/tree.html and play around
with the "Tasmania (Group Layer)" layer.

Regards,
Andreas.

> Thanks
>
> Stella