[OpenLayers-Users] WFS transaction example not working

Balázs Bámer bamerbalazs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 16:06:11 EST 2009

Hi All,

I try to reverse-engineer some examples to be used for my custom WFS
GetFeature (and later other) calls. I've copied the example
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.8/examples/wfs-protocol-transactions.html
to my server to be able to play with it. I extracted the JS code into
separate .js file, and changed pathes, everything else is original. I
use many-file OpenLayers 2.8 with it. However, the page
http://att-it.homelinux.net:22080/ment/
complains about this.createFeatureXML not being a function in
OpenLayers/Format/GML:595 (write function) while "this" is of type
OpanLayers.Format.WFST.v1_1_0

Is the OpenLayers library used in examples definitely the same as the
one to be downloaded?

thank you in advance, best regards: Balázs