[OpenLayers-Users] Modify features with user specified coordinates

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Mon Dec 21 12:13:12 EST 2009

Hi All,

I was asked to provide users with text boxes so that they can enter
coordinates they want a vertex or point moved to in RESHAPE mode.  I
thought of a "MANUAL_RESHAPE" option, but looking at ModifyFeature.js
shows that all values on the byte are taken :

OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature.RESHAPE = 1 (RESIZE = 2, ROTATE = 4 and
DRAG = 8) plus all combinations of mode.

Has anyone implemented such a functionality in OL ?  I could modify the
behaviour of RESHAPE so that it pops text boxes upon clicking on a point
or vertex, but I would rather have it as another editing option mode.
Ideally, people would be allowed to toggle "default" RESHAPE (that is
drag points or vertices with the mouse) and manual reshape.  Ideas ?

TIA,

Yves