[OpenLayers-Users] Trouble getting feature info

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Thu Dec 31 14:17:56 EST 2009

I am building a small application using a couple of WMS layers.  I want
to include a feature info tool.  I copied much of the code from the
example page,
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/getfeatureinfo-control.html .
Without the line of code, infoControls.click.activate(); the map will
display.  But if I include that line the map won't load.  In Firebug the
following error occurs:

ActiveXObject is not defined 225var factory=null;if(typeof
GearsFactory!='undefined'){factory=new
GearsFactory();}else{try{factory=new ActiveXObject('Gears.Factory');
...(more follows, but it says the object is null).

One thing I'm not too sure of is if I have the proxy server correctly
configured.

If it helps, here is the code, minus the inline styles...

  <head>
     <title>OpenLayers test</title>
     <script type="text/javascript" src="openlayers/OpenLayers.js">
</script>
   <script defer="defer" type="text/javascript">.ProxyHost =
"proxy.php?url=";
   var map, infocontrols;

   function load() {
       var mapOptions = { maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(316615,
4749552, 662100, 5266295),
								: 'm',
								:
'auto',
								:
"EPSG:26919"

};
       map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', mapOptions);

       var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
         "OpenLayers WMS",
         "http://myserver/wms/mapserv.exe?map=/wms/orthos.map&",
         { layers: 'naip2009,naip09_5m_overview,naip09_100m_overview',
transparent: 'false'}
       );
      var naipIndex = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(

"http://myserver/wms/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/orthoviewer/htdocs/Ortho
Viewer/OrthoViewer.map&",
		{layers: 'NAIP2007 Imagery', transparent: 'true'}
		);
      highlightLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Highlighted
Features", {
           displayInLayerSwitcher: false,
           isBaseLayer: false
           }
       );

	   infoControls = {
           click: new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
               url:
'http://myserver/wms/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/orthoviewer/htdocs/Ortho
Viewer/OrthoViewer.map',
               title: 'Identify features by clicking',
               layers: [naipIndex],
               queryVisible: true
           })
       }

       map.addLayers([wms,naipIndex,highlightLayer]);
       map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());
       infoControls.click.activate();
       map.zoomToMaxExtent();
   }

</script>
  </head>
solid; border-top: blue thick solid; border-left: blue thick solid;
border-bottom: blue thick solid;" id="map"></div>