[OpenLayers-Users] Visualizing WFS in Open Layers

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Tue Feb 3 07:37:31 EST 2009

Dear Users,

In the OpenLayers Tutorium I read that it`s possible to include and visualize a WFS, but somehow it doesn`t work with mine.

The WFS (via UMN MapServer) seems to be correct:

http://85.214.90.79/cgi-bin/mapserv_ol.sh?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&Request=GetFeature&Typename=gastronomie_wfs

But if I try to include it on top of a google layer it doesn`t appear (It shouldn`t be because of the projection, because a
WMS with the specific parameters appears properly).

I include it via:

--------------

function init() {
var options = {
    maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(7.9189,52.2102,8.1716,52.3467),
    units: 'dd',
    projection: "EPSG:4326"
};
  map = new OpenLayers.Map('map',options);

var gphy = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(
"Google Physical",{type: G_PHYSICAL_MAP});

var gastronomap_wfs= new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS( "small_wfs",
"http://85.214.90.79/cgi-bin/mapserv_ol.sh?",
{Typename: 'gastronomie_wfs'});

map.addLayers([gastronomap_wfs,gphy]);
map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());
map.zoomToMaxExtent();}

Can anybody help?
Thank you very much in advance, Kai
--
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a