[OpenLayers-Users] Resize extent based on WMS Filtered Layer

Bradley McLain bradley_mclain at debortoliwines.com
Wed Feb 4 00:37:26 EST 2009

Hi all,

What i am looking to do is have my map automatically re-size itself based
off a WMS layer which is being overlayed on top of a Google Map layer.

The WMS layer is generated using the filter option to only get specific
polygons.

What i would like to do is have the map re-size to zoom itself to just fit
in the currently displayed polygons, sometimes only 1 and sometimes many.

After redrawing the map
wms.redraw(true);

I have tried both of the following to re-size the map correctly, however no
luck, both are zoomed out too far.
var newBounds = wms.getExtent();
map.zoomToExtent(newBounds);

var newZoom = wms.getZoomForExtent(wms.getExtent(), true)
map.zoomTo(newZoom);

Brad

--
Bradley Mclain